NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Saturday, 4 July 2015

Saturday's Songs #1


Hello!

I hope that you are having a brilliant weekend! Where I live in Scotland, the schools have just broken up for the summer so now my sister and mum are lazing round the house like I have been since May.

This type of post is designed to let me let you all know what music I've been loving this week - essentially over the week I add my favourite songs to a playlist on my Spotify which I then transfer over to this blog. I hope you like what I have chosen! Oh! -and don't expect there to be any sort of theme or genre. I have a pretty varied taste in music.

Halsey - "Is There Somewhere?"
Halsey is a new artist that I've discovered this week and I really really love her! I haven't listened to many of her songs because I've had this on repeat.
Favourite line: "And I try to refrain but you're stuck in my brain. // And all I do is cry and complain because second's not the same."




Walk the Moon - "Shut Up and Dance"
As I'm writing this, this song is number 4 on the UK singles chart so I can't be the only person loving this song this week! It is a bit cheesy and overplayed but I can't stop listening to it.
Favourite line: "Helpless to the bass and faded light"




Femme - "Fever Boy"
The final episode of season 9 of Made in Chelsea featured a few really great artists (including Kodaline live -yessss!) so I was straight on to Spotify to add them when I came across the Made in Chelsea Soundtrack. Even if you don't watch MIC I would really recommend it because it features some really great artists that you might not have heard of.
Favourite line: "I'm looking at the girl in the afghan coat and wondering whether she's naked underneath it"




Ella Eyre - "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off" (cover of Jermaine Stewart)
Ella Eyre was another new discovery this week thanks to BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge. She has an incredible voice and I really love this cover.
Favourite line: "And if the conversations good vibrations through and through"




Anna Kendrick & Jeremy Jordan's songs from The Last Five Years
I wrote about this film in yesterday's favourites post. I've watched it twice simply because I can't find full versions of the songs anywhere. The below video gives a sample of all the songs. My favourites are Kendrick's "Still Hurting" and "A Summer in Ohio" and Jordan's "Shiksa Goddess".
Favourite line: "I could shove an ice pick in my eye // I could eat some fish from last July // But it wouldn't be as awful as a summer in Ohio // Without cable, hot water, Vietnamese food, or you"




Let me know in the comments what your favourite songs this week have been!