NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Friday, 3 July 2015

Friday's Favourites #1

Hello!

Welcome to the first in this series of weekly favourites. Each week you can expect to see what I've been loving over a whole range of topics including beauty, TV, books and films. Be sure to check back tomorrow for "Saturday's Songs" where I post my weekly playlist of the songs I've been loving that week.

Film

The Last 5 Years is a comedy-drama film based on the musical of the same name which tells the story (both forwards in reverse) of the ending of a marriage. I'm not into musicals, like, at all or even films that are musicals (besides High School Musical because that film series is golden) but I really enjoyed this film. It stars Anna Kendrick as Cathy and Jeremy Jordan as Jamie. Kendrick is a bit pitchy during the first song but it gets better, believe me. Also, it is a little bit confusing at times but just remember that Cathy's songs move backwards getting happier whilst Jamie's move forwards getting sadder. My favourite numbers are Cathy's, in particular "Still Hurting"  and "See I'm Smiling". Watch the trailer here and a sample of the soundtrack here.

TV Series
Before anyone says anything, I know that I'm ten years behind in picking up this craze: Grey's Anatomy. I flipping love it. I've watched the entirety of season 2 (yes, all 27 episodes) in about a week. I watched one season in the middle with my parents and I also have had all the recent spoilers spoiled (read that part out loud haha) on Tumblr, but that's my own fault. I'm still in love.

Book
I have picked up reading regularly again but I'm going to wait until I'm a bit further through the novel I'm reading before I write about it. My most picked up book this week has been, brace yourselves, my AA Complete Test book (£12.08). It's less than a week now until my theory test, and I have to say I'm feeling nervous but alright about it. I'll be posting more about learning to drive soon, but for those who aren't aware, in the UK we have a two part test: theory and practical.

Blog
My favourite blog this week was Tara's Floral World - her posts are full of helpful tips and her photos are all gorgeous.

Food
I picked up some Gü Puds from the supermarket this week - these are a luxury for me because they are fairly expensive (£3 for 2 puddings in Tesco) and also not good for you at all! The hot chocolate soufflés and chocolate and vanilla cheesecakes are my favourites. And you get to keep the little glass ramekins which are so adorable!

Makeup
I've rediscovered my No7 Stay Perfect lipstick (£9.95) in the shade 15 Gay Geranium. This is a bright orange shade which doesn't go with everything but it's such a statement lip that is perfect for the summer time. The formula is a little drying but it's such a gorgeous shade that I haven't been able to find from any other brand.

Skincare

My skin has been fairly good lately (skincare routine and my thoughts about this coming soon, I promise) but it has been really really sensitive. I've a pretty good idea of what is causing it but it did mean that my normal heavy clay masks were really hurting my skin. So I had to find a mask that was suitable for my sensitive skin: The Body Shop's Warming Mineral Mask (£10.00). As the name suggests, it warms on the skin which with the weather we've been having is not ideal, but it really works so I'm sticking by it.

Clothing

I've been on the search for a pair of low black heels that don't make my size 6.5 feet look huge and that are actually smart enough to go out at night in. Where I live is fairly relaxed about what you wear to clubs so you have the choice of trainers or heels. For the sake of comfort, I usually choose flats but I wanted something a little more fancy so I found these in New Look (£22.99). (I've just seen on the website that they come in more colours ehhh, yes please!). They are super comfy and I think I'll get a lot of wear out of them.

Let me know in the comments any of your favourites that you would recommend!