NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 1 June 2015

My favourite song

Taylor Swift - "Style"



Taylor Swift is, without a doubt, one of my favourite artists. I have listened to her music since her self-titled debut album and I have heard the style of her songs shift from country to pop. My favourite song from her latest album, 1989, is "Style".

"Style" is said to be based on Swift's relationship with One Direction member, Harry Styles. If using his last name (just about) as the song title isn't enough to persuade you then surely the line: "You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt" does?

I love the way Swift sets the scene of the song (tongue-twister much?) - the late night drive, the danger, the rebellion. I love the juxtaposition of the bad boy and the good girl. I love how unique the music video is (beaches, broken mirrors and crazy effects - yes, please!). Hell, there isn't much I don't love about this song. If I had to choose my favourite line it would be this: "I should just tell you to leave cause I // Know exactly where it leads but I // Watch us go round and round each time." Sometimes it is impossible not to just let something happen even though you know how it will end.

I can't wait to wait and see what Swift releases next. 1989 was an incredible album but with one or two disappointing songs (Welcome to New York, I'm looking at you here) and so I am confident that Swift can produce something even better.