NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Thursday, 4 June 2015

A song that makes me sad

James Blake - "Limit To Your Love"



I first heard this song at some point over the past year. I was in my bedroom one night with a friend, drinking in the dark and this song was so captivating that I haven't stopped listening to it since. The haunting vocals and the steady piano accompaniment go hand in hand. When the drum kit finally starts, even it is understated. The song is simple and yet is absolutely breathtaking.

While writing this post I realised I had never watched the music video for this song and so I immediately went and did so. The video features a rather somber and solemn looking Blake in a dark and depressing apartment. I don't know why he looks so down because I cracked a smile at the floating fruit moving in the shape of planets in a solar system, orbiting the mango.