NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

A song that no one would expect me to like

Kanye West - "All Day"

featuring Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom and Paul McCartney



I chose "All Day" to be the song that no one would expect me to like simply because hip hop is not the genre of music that I generally listen to. I also think that from my appearance and personality that people would not expect me to have ever even listened to a song by Kanye West let alone actually like one. The truth is, I really like this type of music and I love artists like Kanye West or Jay-Z. One of my favourite songs of all time is "Ni**as in Paris" by Jay-Z and Kanye West. (Spoiler: I'm doing a full post on "Ni**as in Paris" in, coincidentally, a week's time.) However, I really really like this song from West in which he says the n-word 45 times in just over 5 minutes. This, of course, is not the reason that I like this song I just think it's an awesome statistic.

"All Day" was released just this year and peaked at number 18 on the UK singles chart. It features some really great lines, most of which point out West's success. There's also a line taken from "Ni**as in Paris". The music video is all black and white and features West performing the song, some creepy bald guys standing around and a naked girl flashing between shots.

All in all, I would give this one a listen if you haven't before. And if it isn't your thing then why not click on a different genre on Spotify than you would usually listen to. You might be surprised to find something you love!