NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 8 June 2015

A song that I know all the words to

Ed Sheeran - "You Need Me, I Don't Need You"



"You Need Me, I Don't Need You" was the second single from Sheeran's album, +, and peaked at number 4 on the UK singles chart. I chose this song to be the song that I know all the words to because there are a hell of a lot of words in it and I wanted it to be somewhat impressive. I love this song, it's really different from most of Sheeran's other music but is still a great song. My favourite line is:"They say I'm up and coming like I'm fucking in an elevator" - I just think it's quite funny and clever.

The music video for this song is great too, all in black and white with snapshots of Sheeran playing guitar and other characters too but with the main focus being on the guy performing the song in sign language. I think it's a really great concept and particularly when the speed of this song is taken into consideration, it is really impressive that he manages to sign along.

I've only once been challenged to sing this entire song and as both I and the challenger were very drunk at the time, I am not sure that we sang it word-perfect. I still very much enjoyed that night though!