NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Thursday, 11 June 2015

A song by a band I didn't use to like but now love

Arctic Monkeys - "Do I Wanna Know?"



Arctic Monkeys released their album, AM, in 2013 but despite several songs from the album being played on the radio I tuned them all out until about a year later when I heard some of their songs again and fell in love. I went home and added a bunch of their songs from this album and previous albums to my Spotify and basically listened to them on repeat for a week. And I haven't stopped since.

"Do I Wanna Know?" peaked at number 11 in the UK singles chart and is one of my favourites from this album, as well as "R U Mine?" and "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?". My favourite line from the song is "'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat" because it's pretty much what I did with several songs on this album. I also love the line "Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new".

The music video is animated and shows a black background with white sound waves which correspond to the drum kit and lead guitar and then to Turner's vocals. Throughout the song the animations become line drawings and then full colour animations.